Make your brown rice recipes fast and easy by turning to your rice cooker. No need to stand around the stove for an hour waiting for brown rice to cook in a pot when your rice cooker can do all the work for you so you can do other things. This savory-sweet fried rice is courtesy of Krups, makers of the Krups RK7011 10-cup Rice Cooker.
Rice Cooker Pineapple Ginger Fried Rice
- 1-1/4 cups brown rice
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cook brown rice in a rice cooker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, maple syrup and ground ginger in a small dish and set aside.
- When rice is done, heat the canola oil in a large wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, pepper, and carrot. Stir-fry until vegetables are softened.
- Add peas and pineapple juice mixture and cook 5 to 8 minutes more, simmering the vegetables in the sauce until softened.
- Add brown rice and pineapple tidbits and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the entire mixture is hot. Serve hot.