Whether Mom is vegetarian or you’re on a mission to help her eat more salads for her health, this Greek salad recipe is the perfect Mother’s Day lunch recipe. We got this Mother’s Day salad recipe from Maria Zoitas, creator of Westside Market NYC’s “Maria’s Homemade” line of budget-friendly prepared foods. It’s delish — and vegans can simply omit the feta.
Maria’s Traditional Greek Salad
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes (cut into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 cucumbers (cut into 1/2 -inch pieces)
- 10 pitted Greek olives
- 4 ounces cubed Greek feta
- 1/2 each green, red and yellow peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion (cut into 1/8-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons The Artisanal Kitchen’s Three Olives Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately.