Maria Zoitas, wife of Westside Market NYC’s founder John Zoitas, shares this delicious vegan quinoa recipe that can be served as a filling meal for lunch or a yum-inspiring vegan side dish. Maria is also the creator of the “Maria’s Homemade” line of prepared foods that are available for budget-conscious New Yorkers who want food to be easy, tasty, and economical.
Maria’s Homemade Spinach Quinoa Mediteraneo
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 spanish onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch anise, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 8 ounces quinoa
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute scallions, onion, parsley, anise, and dill in olive oil.
- Add water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa, stirring to combine, and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted.
- Serve warm.