Looking for a simple vegetarian Mother’s Day dessert recipe that will make Mom feel extra special? Surprise her with this scrumptious rice pudding parfait, made easy with Nueva Cocina Coconut Raisin Rice.
Coconut Raisin Brown Rice Parfait
- 1 (7.3-ounce) box Nueva Cocina Coconut Raisin Rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tub gluten-free pudding (you can also make instant pudding)
- Whipped cream
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Fresh fruit
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add coconut milk, cream of coconut, and butter, stirring to combine.
- Cook on low heat until liquid is absorbed and rice has a thick and creamy consistency, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate covered for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, spoon a layer of pudding into a wine glass, then add a layer of the rice mixture. Continue to build your layers and top it off with whipped cream.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and/or fruit of your choice.