Craving a healthy, sweet-tooth satisfying snack? Simply dip chewy, sweet dried apricots in dark chocolate and adorn with a salted cashew. Ingrid Hoffmann, host of Univision’s cooking show Delicioso, shares this easy three-ingredient recipe.
Dark Chocolate and Apricots
- 1 (7-ounce) package dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup salted cashew halves
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate in a heat-proof glass bowl.
- Heat 3 inches of water in a medium saucepan over high heat, and heat until almost boiling.
- Remove the pan from heat place the bowl with the chocolate on top of the pan, being careful not to let the bowl touch the water.
- Stir the chocolate with a silicone spatula until melted and remove the bowl from the pan.
- Dip half of an apricot in the melted chocolate and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place a cashew half on the chocolate.
- Repeat with remaining apricots.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to solidify the chocolate.