Whether you want to treat your family to a weekly taco night or serve a quick and easy vegan Cinco de Mayo feast, these chipotle tacos can be on your table in 15 minutes or less. Nueva Cocina has a variety of seasonings, soup mixes, and rice mixes that are made with natural ingredients. We love the chipotle taco mix to jazz up tacos, tostadas, burritos, and enchiladas.
Easy Vegan Chipotle Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 ounces firm tofu, drained, crumbled
- 1 packet Nueva Cocina Chipotle Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 green onions, finely sliced (white and green parts)
- 6 corn tortillas, soft or fried
- Toppings: diced tomatoes, shredded vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, guacamole, shredded lettuce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add seasoning packet and water. Cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in green onions.
- Fill corn tortillas with tofu filling and desired toppings. Serve immediately.