Crunchy broccoli slaw, juicy oranges, and sweet raisins tossed in a homemade citrus vinaigrette make a fun and flavorful side dish for your backyard cookouts and can be enjoyed as a light summer lunch when you don’t want to cook. We use Dole Broccoli Slaw, which is a combination of shredded broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage.
Broccoli Slaw with Oranges and Golden Raisins
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 oranges, segmented, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 package Dole Broccoli Slaw
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Peel the oranges with a sharp knife, removing all the white pith possible. Slice knife in between orange segments to separate them from the white filaments. Place segments in a large bowl.
- Into a small bowl, use your hands to squeeze the remaining juice from the orange flesh and filaments until you have about 1/3 cup of juice.
- Add golden raisins to the orange juice and allow to sit for about 15 minutes. Remove raisins with a slotted spoon and add to the large bowl with the orange segments.
- Add vinegar, mint, and oil to the orange juice and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add broccoli slaw and green onions to the orange and raisin mixture, tossing to combine.
- Drizzle orange vinaigrette over slaw and toss again.
- Serve slaw garnished with walnuts.