The combination of sweet, spicy, and icy in this festive Cinco de Mayo drink recipe, courtesy of Krups, makes it the perfect frozen cocktail for warm weather holidays and summer entertaining. Plan ahead to make this Mexican cocktail — you’ll need to steep the jalapeno and tequila for three days.
Frozen Jalapeno Margaritas
- 1 jalapeno (poked many times with a knife)
- 1-1/3 cups tequila
- 1 cup orange flavored liqueur (such as Triple Sec)
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (juice from about 10 limes)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Sea salt for rimming the glasses
- 3 cups ice
- Jalapeno halves and lime slices for garnish
- In a jar, steep the jalapeno and tequila for 3 days.
- Strain the tequila into a large pitcher and take out the jalapeno.
- Stir in the orange liqueur, lime juice and sugar.
- Cover the bottom of a plate with salt and pour a small amount of the margarita onto another plate.
- Dip the rims of 6 glasses into the margarita then into the salt.
- Blend the margarita mixture with the ice and pour into prepared glasses.
- Garnish with jalapenos and lime slices. Serve immediately.