Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, warmed until liquid
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, stir together raisins and orange juice. Microwave for 1 minute on HIGH and then set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, coconut oil, milk, water, and flax.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the sugar mixture to oat mixture and stir to combine well.
- Drain raisins, discarding the juice, and add raisins to the cookie dough, stirring well to combine.
- Scoop 2-tablespoonful portions of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until cookies are light golden.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to continue to cool.
- Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container.