Ripe juicy cantaloupe is one of my favorite fruits for summer. Bursting with sweetness, cantaloupes are delish right out of the rind, but these nutrient-packed melons can also serve as the main ingredient in savory recipes. If you haven’t given melons a role in your vegan dinner spreads, get a taste of their versatility in this refreshing and flavorful cantaloupe salsa.
Makes 3 cups
- 1/2 of a large ripe cantaloupe, seeded, peeled, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.