Red Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large orange, peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces, divided
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, set aside 1/4 cup chopped orange segments. Add remaining orange pieces to a large bowl. Add edamame, onion, and almonds, tossing to combine.
- Use your hands to squeeze reserved orange pieces and release the orange juice into a small bowl. Discard orange solids.
- Add apricot preserves, vinegar, and pinch of oregano to the small bowl and whisk ingredients together.
- Drizzle in 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil and whisk until ingredients are combined. At this point, it is up to you if you want to add more olive oil.
- When quinoa is cooked, add it to the edamame mixture, tossing to combine.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over quinoa and toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper, toss again, and serve warm or refrigerate for up to 2 days.