Serves 4 to 6
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, minced (white and green parts)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 ciabatta rolls
- Condiments of your choice
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onion
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, peppers, mayo, and mustard. Use a potato masher to smash ingredients together.
- Add green onions, parsley, bread crumbs, and chipotle. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form bean mixture into 4 thick patties. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill to medium heat and oil the grate.
- Place bean burgers on the grill and cover. Grill for 5 minutes each side.
- During the last couple of minutes of grilling the burgers, place the ciabatta rolls on the grill, cut-side down. Grill until just toasted.
- Make burgers by layering bean burgers on ciabatta rolls with your favorite condiments, sliced tomatoes, and red onion slices.
More yummy vegan grilling recipes!