Dairy ice cream is out, but frozen fruit dressed up with chocolate and nuts is very much in. These frozen banana pops are super simple to make and are actually more impressive than a bowl of ice cream. Best yet, you can rally your kids into the kitchen to help you make them.
Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- 2 large bananas
- 3 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon flax oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cashews
- Line a small pan with parchment paper.
- Cut each banana crosswise into 4 evenly-sized pieces.
- Insert a lollipop stick into one end of each piece.
- Place bananas on prepared pan and place in the freezer. Freeze until solid.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on LOW for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in oil.
- Place chopped nuts on a plate.
- Dip bananas into chocolate and allow excess to drip off. Roll in nuts.
- Place in the freezer until chocolate firms.