St. Patrick’s Day is on the way, which means it’s time to start planning a green vegan menu. This green-hued hummus is made with edamame, making it a high-protein, color-appropriate vegan St. Patrick’s Day recipe.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (more or less for desired consistency)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place edamame, almond butter, lemon juice and zest, garlic, and parsley in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times to roughly chop ingredients.
- With processor running, stream in olive oil to make a spreadable dip, adjusting amount of olive oil to suit your taste.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.