I love simple recipes with just a few ingredients. Paging through Kim McCosker and Rachael Bermingham’s cookbook 4 Ingredients (Atria, March 2011), I came across this easy Green Bean Curry recipe. Though the cookbook isn’t vegan, it has a vegetarian chapter and certainly inspires my culinary creativity to pull together a minimum of ingredients to make tasty vegan meals.
Green Bean Curry
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- In a saucepan, heat curry paste, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add broth and beans and bring to a rapid boil. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, adding the bell pepper half-way through the cooking time.
- Cook until the beans are well done and have absorbed the flavor of the curry broth.
- Serve over rice.