Spring isn’t here yet but I’m already craving lighter fare. This watercress soup is quick to fix and is loaded with cancer-fighting nutrients, making it a great vegan dish to boost your immunity and fend off disease.
- 2 bunches watercress, tough stems removed
- 4 cups vegetable broth, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Vegan sour cream for garnish
- Place watercress, 1 cup broth, and lemon zest in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth then pour into a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in remaining broth, lemon zest, and wine. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm swirled with a dollop of sour cream.