Leafy greens are my most craved for vegetable, packed with nutrients, loaded with flavor, and ultra-versatile in the kitchen. Featuring a medley of leafy greens, this vegan Italian recipe is a fun dish to serve for Valentine’s Day or any occasion when you’re craving Italian flair.
Leafy Greens and ‘Ricotta’ Rigatoni
- 8 ounces rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch dino kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves chopped
- 2 cups spinach or arugula
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Tofutti Better Than Ricotta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions to al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale and spinach or arugula, and cook, stirring often, until greens wilt.
- Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add basil, ricotta, and tomato sauce, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until ricotta is well-incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta in a colander and transfer to tomato sauce, tossing to coat. Serve immediately.