These decadent dark chocolate vegan muffins are the perfect breakfast nibble between lovers after Valentine’s Day but they also satisfy the sweet tooth of those of us who can’t imagine life without chocolate. Fix and freeze an extra batch to always have a rich, indulgent treat within easy reach.
Chocolate Love Muffins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine juice, oil, and brown sugar. Blend on medium-low until mixture is well-combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to oil mixture and blend on low to combine. Scrape down bowl and blend again until moistened. Stir in chocolate.
- Divide batter into muffin cups and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched.
- Place the muffin pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Invert muffins onto the wire rack to continue cooling or serve them ooey gooey warm.