Whether you’re planning snacks for Super Bowl or need a healthy munch to keep in your bag, homemade party mix (essentially trail mix) is easy to make and way tastier than anything out of the bulk bin. This healthy vegan party mix features slow-roasted nuts and a sweet assortment of dried fruit.
Roasted Nut Party Mix
Makes 5 cups
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A few grinds black pepper
- Handful of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine nuts, coconut oil, maple syrup, and spices. Toss well to coat.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the nuts feel tacky but dry. Do not let the nuts burn (it can happen quickly).
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack, sprinkle with sesame seeds, stir, and let cool.
- Transfer nuts to a large bowl and add dried fruit, tossing to combine. Serve immediately or cool completely and store in an airtight container or snack bags.