The cold weather isn’t just compelling me to reach for warm soups, it’s inspiring me to put chilies in many of my everyday meals. This spicy vegan soup recipe features peppers, soba noodles, and tofu. It’s a warm, wonderful, welcome dish to fend off the winter chill.
Asian Noodle Soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 2 red jalapenos, seeded, chopped
- 3 heads bok choy, cut into quarters
- 1 pound firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sliced green onions (white and green parts)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, combine broth, garlic, red pepper, chili sauce, sesame oil, and tamari.
- Bring to a boil then add noodles. Cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add bell pepper, jalapenos, and bok choy. Cook until softened.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in remaining ingredients. Cook for 2 minutes then serve hot.
More delish vegan soup recipes!