Slow Cooker Vegan Tortilla Soup
- 1 cup dried pinto beans, soaked overnight
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 poblano chiles, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- Vegan sour cream, for garnish
- Vegan shredded cheese, for garnish
- Place all ingredients except cilantro, tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese in a slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro, tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese.
Cook’s note: If you don’t have tortilla chips on hand, you can cut tortillas into strips and fry them in a little oil in a skillet on the stovetop until crisp.