As the sound of jingle bells gets louder, are you wondering how to wow your guests with your holiday fare? We are, too, and plan on serving this amazing vegan Christmas drink, courtesy of Tree Top. You can also make the hot buttered rum mix to give away as an edible gift with a recipe card for this Christmas cocktail.
Kris Kringle’s Jingle Hot Buttered Rum
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Tree Top Spiced Cider
- Light rum
- Cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Combine butter, brown sugar, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt to make Kris Kringle’s Jingle Hot Buttered Rum mixture. (Note: For gifting, separate mixture into festive holiday containers and seal with gift tag.)
- To serve, fill mug three-fourths full with cider, add 1 heaping tablespoon of Kris Kringle’s Jingle Hot Buttered Rum mix and heat in the microwave until steaming, about 2 minutes on HIGH.
- Add 1/2 to 1 ounce rum and stir. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.