When you’ve got a house full of hungry kids, whip up these tasty vegan pancakes for breakfast. Made with buckwheat flour and chopped dark chocolate, they are the perfect morning meal on the weekends. We used Good Karma Vanilla Flax Milk to make the buttermilk but you can use any non-dairy milk you have on hand.
Vegan Dark Chocolate Pancakes
Serves 6 to 8
- 2-1/4 cups Good Karma Vanilla Flax Milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate (We love Pure Dark Chocolate)
- Vegan butter
- Pure maple syrup
- Combine flax milk and vinegar in a medium bowl. Set aside to make “buttermilk”.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add buttermilk and whisk just until batter is mixed.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. Using a 1/4-cup measure, pour batter onto griddle or skillet then sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bottoms of the pancakes are lightly browned.
- Flip and cook until the second side of the pancakes are lightly browned.
- Serve warm with vegan butter and syrup.