When you’ve got hungry kids in the house and ripe winter fruit, such as pomegranates, bursting with flavor, keep a fruit salad in the fridge for a fast snack that is good for the whole family. As a sweet bonus, POM Wonderful is making pomegranates even easier to eat. Serve this colorful vegan side dish for breakfast, lunch, or holiday dinner.
Pomegranate Fruit Salad
If you’ve been reluctant to use pomegranates because you don’t want to break them open to get to the sweet ruby-red arils, you’re going to love POM POMS Fresh Arils, which are ready to eat and mess-free.
- 1 container POM POMS Fresh Arils (or arils from 1 large pomegranate)
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 6 fresh figs, quartered
- 1 large ripe but firm pear, cored, diced
- 1 green apple, cored, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon and grated nutmeg to taste
- Toasted coconut flakes to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve up to 2 to 3 days.