As you’re finalizing your vegan Christmas menu, put this amazing vegan chocolate cake on your must-eat list. Studded with sliced almonds and chunks of dark chocolate, you’re going to love this vegan holiday dessert.
Almond Cocoa Cake
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sifted good quality cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate bar
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water.
- Add oil mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in almonds and chocolate.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert onto a pie plate and dust generously with confectioners’ sugar.