My son loves waffles so I’ve come up with a yummy variety of waffle recipes. This vegan French toast waffle recipe is unique because you basically cook your French toast in your waffle iron. Choose your favorite bread and toppings and get to cooking.
Fun French Toast Waffles
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 4 vegan English muffins, split
- Preheat waffle iron while you get your batter ready.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together flax, water, coconut milk, flour, and almond extract. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Grease the waffle iron. Place English muffins, 1 to 2 at a time, in the batter, turning to coat.
- Let excess drip off then place in the waffle iron.
- Close waffle iron and cook English muffins until golden brown and batter is set.
- Remove and serve warm with your favorite toppings.