When I was training for a marathon years ago, my favorite way to rehydrate and replenish my electrolytes was with slabs of juicy ripe watermelon. The refreshing taste and healtfulness of this red-fleshed melon inspired me to create a tasty variety of watermelon drink recipes. This watermelon iced tea is akin to a yummy slushy for adults.
Blended Watermelon Iced Tea
- 4 cups cubed, seedless, rindless watermelon, partially frozen
- 2 cups your favorite herbal tea, cold
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar to taste
- Handful of ice
- Combine watermelon, tea, lime zest and juice, salt and sugar in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add ice and pulse until ice is crushed.
- Serve immediately or, if you want the drink to be more icy, place bowl of food processor in the freezer for 30 minutes and then pulse a few times before serving.