Fresh peaches are ready for the picking at your local farmers’ market or co-op. Adding them to a crisp veggie salad balances the flavor with natural sweetness and adds a tender, juicy texture. This raw vegan salad features jicama, carrots, and cilantro with a light citrus vinaigrette.
Jicama Peach Salad
- 1 jicama, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large ripe but firm peach, halved, pitted, cut into matchsticks
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine jicama, carrots, and peach.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, mustard, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mound salad onto chilled salad plates and garnish with cilantro.