Featuring fresh tomatoes, roasted corn, olives, and fresh herbs, this macaroni salad is the perfect vegetarian side dish for your summer cookout fare. There’s just a hint of curry in this vegetarian recipe — you can omit it if you’re not a curry fan, or add more if you want a more pronounced curry flavor.
Summer Macaroni Salad
Omit the eggs to make this recipe vegan.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 small ears of corn, roasted or grilled until lightly browned
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1/4 cup minced sweet pickles
- 3 hard cooked eggs, peeled, chopped
- 2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water in a colander. Set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to remove roasted corn kernels from the cobs. Transfer corn kernels to a large bowl.
- Add macaroni and remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight before serving.