Grilled pizzas are perfect for summer vegan entertaining, especially when made with fresh vegetables and herbs from the farmers’ market. Here’s just one of the many mouthwatering ways to serve up vegan grilled pizza.
Grilled Veggie Pizza
- 1 recipe for a 10-inch vegan pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 vine-ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 finely torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Spray grill rack or a griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Roll pizza dough out to a 10-inch round or a rectangle.
- Brush with olive oil and place pizza on grate or griddle. Close lid and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until crisp.
- Remove from grill and top with remaining ingredients.
- Slide back onto grill and close lid. Grill for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges or squares and serve immediately.
More vegan grilling recipes!