If you’re throwing a vegan 4th of July celebration, this is the salad for you. Teeming with sweet and savory flavors and patriotic colors, an Independence Day salad featuring berries, nuts, and leafy greens is not only patriotic, it’s a healthy alternative to high-calorie holiday dishes.
Red White and Blue Salad
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips (don’t knock it till you try it!)
- 1 cup finely sliced roasted red peppers
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup torn purple basil
- Your favorite raspberry vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine berries, white chocolate chips, peppers, spinach, arugula, and basil.
- Drizzle in 3 tablespoons (or more to taste) and toss to coat. Garnish with almonds and serve.