Going vegan doesn’t mean going without whipped cream. You can buy vegan whipped cream or you can make your own. Being a fan of coconut milk, I prefer making my own non-dairy whipped cream. Here is a simple vegan coconut milk whipped cream recipe.
Vegan Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
Makes 1 cup
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk, chilled
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar (more or less to taste)
- Open cans of coconut milk and scrape the coconut cream layer into a chilled bowl (do not pour in liquid, reserve for another use).
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat coconut cream to lighten it up.
- Add sugar and continue to beat until sugar is incorporated. Refrigerate until firm.
- Use a whisk to beat cream until semi-smooth. Serve immediately.