When the craving for fresh summer peach pie arises but the last thing you want to do is make pie pastry, satisfy your vegan sweet tooth with this easy baked summer peach dessert. Partner it with a scoop of vegan ice cream and you’ve got the perfect finale to a backyard cookout.
Baked Summer Peaches
- 6 large ripe peaches, halved, pitted, cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 6 vegan graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons chilled vegan margarine, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 11×7-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss peaches with cinnamon, juice, zest, and agave. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, toss crackers, pecans, brown sugar, and margarine. Rub margarine into cracker mixture.
- Sprinkle cracker mixture over peaches.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until peaches are tender and topping is lightly browned. Serve hot.