Despite Slyvester the Cat’s lament “suffering succotash”, there’s nothing suffering in this summer succotash recipe. Bright with color, loaded with flavor, and teeming with health-promoting nutrients, summer succotash is a delicious vegan side dish, featuring corn, pepper, and lima beans, that is super easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 red bell pepper, halved, seeded, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sweet paprika for dusting
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat margarine, swirling the pan occasionally, until margarine is melted.
- Add bell pepper and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in corn, and lima beans and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender.
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Dust with paprika and serve immediately.