When the summer heats up, the last place you want to be is roasting in the kitchen. Raw food recipes are a delicious option when you need healthy food fast — and oven-free. These no bake vegan nutrition bars can be packed on hiking or camping trips as well as tucked into your family’s lunch bags as a wholesome vegan snack.
Raw Food Almond Blueberry Energy Bars
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dried plums (prunes)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries*
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Place almonds in a food processor and grind into a flour consistency.
- Add dried plums, orange zest, orange juice, and salt. Process until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add dried blueberries and sunflower seeds, stirring to combine.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch baking dish. Cut into 8 bars. Wrap each in plastic wrap or layer with waxed paper in an airtight container.
*Cook’s note: If you aren’t a raw foodist, you can purchase dried blueberries in the bulk section at the natural foods store. If you are a raw foodist, blueberry season is upon us, so pick or purchase a few flats and dry them yourself.