A tasty and colorful alternative to cabbage-based coleslaw, this carrot and golden beet rendition is a striking and healthy vegan side dish to serve at your summer gatherings. If golden beets aren’t available, simply swap in red beets.
Carrot Golden Beet Slaw
- 2 carrots
- 2 golden beets
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Using the shredding blade in the food processor or a grater, shred carrots and golden beets.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add carrots and beets and stir well to combine.
Cook’s note: If you’re making this slaw ahead of time, add the sunflower seeds right before serving to keep them crunchy.