Take a mini-vacation to the tropics with this refreshing vegan drink featuring coconut milk and heady spices. Spicy icy coconut milk is a dynamite vegan breakfast drink as well as a cool way to wind down at the end of the day.
Spiced Iced Coconut Milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk, shaken before opening
- 32 ounces vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 pieces star anise
- Large pieces of zest from 1 orange
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Skewers of pineapple chunks
- Place milks, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, and orange zest in a large pot over medium heat.
- Whisk until mixture comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer, whisking occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher. Stir in cayenne and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice, garnished with skewers of pineapple.