Need a refreshing vegan drink for a hot summer get-together? This fruity red wine sangria is not only easy to prepare, it boasts vibrant flavors and is eye-catching when served. We used VOGA Merlot, a luscious red wine from Italy, but you can use any red wine you have in the wine case.
Summer Red Wine Sangria
- 1 bottle of VOGA Merlot
- 1 (15-ounce) can pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 peach, pitted, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup lemonade or limeade
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 shots apricot flavored brandy (optional)
- 2 cups vegan ginger ale
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries
- Pour wine in a large pitcher and stir in pineapple chunks and juice.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon, orange and lime wedges into the wine, removing any seeds.
- Stir citrus wedges, peaches, strawberries limeade or lemonade, sugar and brandy, if using, into the wine mixture.
- Chill overnight. Right before serving, stir in ginger ale and ice cubes. Garnish with cherries.