Grilled over the flame or broiled in the oven, these juicy kabobs sing with sweet spicy flavor. Skewers of fresh fruit and vegetables are fun to feed the kids as well as feature on your summer vegan entertaining menu.
Peach and Pepper Kabobs
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne
- 4 ripe, firm peaches, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1-inch squares
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, orange juice, zest, vinegar, and cayenne.
- Thread peaches, peppers, and green onions onto skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and oil grill grate.
- Brush skewers with tamari mixture.
- Grill kabobs for 8 to 10 minutes, turning skewers and basting with sauce every couple of minutes.
- Serve hot.
Cook’s note: If you don’t feel like firing up the grill, simply place skewers on a broiler pan and set it on the middle rack of the oven. Broil for 5 to 6 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce, until peaches and peppers are tender.