Juicy bites of melon are deliciously refreshing on a warm afternoon, and when the weather heats up, melon sorbet with strong hints of vanilla will quickly become your favorite summer treat. This vegan dessert is healthy, tasty, and dairy-free.
- 4 cups cubes of honeydew
- 1/2 water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, pod split
- 1 cup 100 percent apple juice
- Pinch of salt
- Kiwi slices
- Place honeydew in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Press puree through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, discarding any solids left in the sieve.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Use a knife or spoon to scrape vanilla seeds from pod into the sugar mixture. Let cool.
- Add sugar mixture, apple juice, and salt to honeydew puree. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve in dessert cups or wine glasses. Garnish with kiwi slices.