Cultured coconut milk (coconut yogurt) and fresh strawberries partner deliciously with rounds of flaky puff pastry. These easy vegan desserts can be served after a meal or set out as a vegan appetizer to balance out savory finger food. For a change, blackberries, raspberries, or other in-season fruit can be swapped in for the strawberries.
Strawberry Yogurt Tarts
- 1 sheet vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 12 ounces vanilla cultured coconut milk (coconut yogurt)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Flatten out sheet of puff pastry and roll with a rolling pin a few times.
- Use a 3-inch biscuit/cookie cutter to cut out 12 rounds. Place rounds on a baking sheet.
- Using a 2-1/2-inch biscuit/cookie cutter, make an indented border on each round. Do not cut through pastry.
- Bake puff pastry for 10 minutes. Use a knife to gently remove the top layer of the centers of each round. Set aside to cool.
- Toss strawberries with a little agave or sweetener of your choice.
- Fill puff pastry rounds with yogurt and strawberries to serve.