Vegan Spinach and Tofu Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained, pressed, and mashed
- 1 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup picante sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 vegan flour tortillas
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce, warm
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring often, until spinach is wilted.
- Add tofu, olives, spices, oregano, and picante sauce and cook, stirring often, until mixture is hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide filling among the tortillas, wrapping them into burritos.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Set burritos inside dish, side by side, and pour remaining enchilada sauce overtop.
- Sprinkle with vegan cheese, if using. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Tags: cheese, dairy-free, healthy recipes, kids, kids diet, recipes, vegan, vegan cheese, vegan diet, vegan dinner recipes, vegan dinners, vegan entertaining, vegan meals, vegan mexican recipes, vegan recipe, vegan recipes