Spicy Bean Tacos
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto or kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Chili powder to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 vegan corn tortillas (try Mission tortillas), warmed
- Radish sprouts or shredded cabbage or lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine beans, jalapeno, garlic, onion, and spices. Use a masher to mash ingredients together.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in cilantro.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and pour in bean mixture. Cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Spoon into corn tortillas and top with sprouts or cabbage or lettuce.
Tags: cheese, healthy recipes, kids, kids diet, recipes, vegan, vegan cheese, vegan diet, vegan dinner recipes, vegan dinners, vegan entertaining, vegan meals, vegan mexican recipes, vegan recipe, vegan recipes