Avocados are a luscious fruit commonly served as guacamole or diced into Mexican dishes. Rich with healthy fats, fiber, and other health promoting vitamins and minerals, this super fruit should be a part of your everyday vegan menu. This vegan avocado soup is a basic recipe that can be served chilled or warm or prepared plain or dressed up with herbs, spices, or other ingredients you have on hand.
Chilled Avocado Soup
- 3 large ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 (32-ounce) container Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Scoop avocados into a food processor or blender.
- Add tomato, lemon zest and juice. Puree until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together avocado mixture and broth until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You can serve this warm by heating it over medium heat or you can refrigerate until chilled and serve it cold.
Cook’s note: For a change, season the soup with your favorite fresh or dried herbs, add heat with a jalapeno or chipotle powder, or sprinkle in Chinese 5-spice powder.