Vegan Bundt cakes are not only easy to make, they are more elegant-looking than a flat layered cake. This nutty, zesty vegan Easter dessert may just become an every week favorite instead of a once-in-a-while vegan holiday treat.
Almond Orange Bundt Cake
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plain cultured coconut milk (coconut milk-based yogurt)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and grease a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- In a small cup, whisk together flax and water. Set aside for at least 5 minutes or until thickened.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add yogurt, orange juice, almond and vanilla extracts, and beat until smooth.
- Add flax mixture and beat until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to mixer bowl and blend on low until combined. Add almonds and zest and blend on low until just combined.
- Transfer batter to Bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully invert onto a serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.