Vegetable White Bean Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces button or wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bunch kale or chard, stems and woody veins removed, leaves chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (32-ounce) carton vegetable broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, and zucchini. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, and oregano and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Add kale or chard and cook, stirring often, until the leaves have wilted.
- Add tomatoes, broth, and beans, stirring to combine. If mixture seems thick, add 1 cup or so of water.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley to serve.
Tags: healthy recipes, recipes, stew, vegan, vegan diet, vegan dinner recipes, vegan dinners, vegan meals, vegan recipe, vegan recipes, vegan soup, vegan soup recipes, vegan soups