Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus
Serves 6 to 8
- 36 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed off
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) package of phyllo dough, thawed
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Steam or blanch asparagus just until bright green, but still crisp. Dunk into an iced water bath to halt cooking.
- Use paper towels to pat asparagus dry. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Roll phyllo dough out onto a clean flat surface.
- Remove 1 sheet of phyllo and brush or spray lightly with olive oil.
- Set 1 to 3 asparagus spears, depending on your tastes, at one of the short edges of phyllo and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Roll asparagus in phyllo and set roll on prepared baking sheet. Brush or spray with olive oil.
- Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until phyllo is lightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.
Tags: healthy recipes, holiday, holiday recipes, holidays, recipes, vegan, vegan diet, vegan entertaining, vegan holiday, vegan holiday recipes, vegan holidays, vegan recipe, vegan recipes, vegan side dishes