Need a fast and healthy vegan dessert to pack in your children’s lunch bags? Try these almond butter balls! Made of crispy brown rice, smooth almond butter, and agave, these tasty little bites will not only satisfy a child-size sweet tooth, you may find yourself popping a few into your mouth, too.
Crispy Rice Almond Butter Balls
Makes 24 balls
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- Combine powdered milk, cereal, wheat germ, salt, almond butter, and agave in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
- If mixture seems crumbly, add coconut oil a little at a time until mixture can be easily formed into balls.
- Make 24 balls and place them on a baking sheet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Store balls in the refrigerator up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.