If your children are picky pizza eaters who eschew tomato-sauced pies, surprise them with an apple pecan pizza. This vegan pizza features shaved apple slices tossed with cinnamon and drizzled with maple syrup — what kiddo isn’t going to love that? In addition to being super simple to make, you can serve this tasty vegan recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Kid-Friendly Apple Pecan Pizza
- 2 red or green firm baking apples, halved, cored, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (10-inch) unbaked vegan pizza crust
- 4 to 5 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 6 to 8 ounces your favorite vegan cheese, crumbled or shredded
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place apples, lemon juice, zest, pecans, and cinnamon in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Roll pizza dough into a flat round and slide onto a lightly floured pizza peel (or the back of a baking sheet).
- Drizzle dough with 2 tablespoons or so of maple syrup.
- Spread apple slices evenly over dough and drizzle again with maple syrup.
- Scatter vegan cheese over pizza and slide onto pizza stone.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pizza crust is lightly browned and crisp and the toppings are hot.
- Use the pizza peel to remove pizza from stone and place on a large cutting board.
- Let cool slightly then slice and serve.