Inspired by a recipe from the cookbook Two for Tonight by Chef Jacques E Haeringer, owner of restaurant L’Auberge Chez Francois in Great Falls, Virginia, this vegan version of his pear Roquefort crepes are dairy-free, replacing the Roquefort with vegan soy bleu cheese. Ideal for a leisure Sunday brunch or a romantic morning after, this vegan breakfast recipe is one worth savoring.
Pear Bleu Cheese Crepes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons Hennessey Cognac
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 2 ripe Bosch or Anjou pears, peeled, halved, cored, diced
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 4 vegan crepes (Basic Vegan Crepes)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Sunergia Bleu Cheese
- Garnish: ground cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and Cognac and let macerate for 1 hour.
- Melt margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add pears, raisins (with Cognac), syrup, and cinnamon, and cook, stirring often until pears are tender.
- Warm crepes in a small skillet and fill each with pear mixture and crumbled vegan cheese, folding each crepe and placing on a warm serving plate.
- Garnish with an extra dash of ground cinnamon or grated nutmeg.